Welcome to my kingdom of cuisine.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Chinese style

Hello everyone!

Today is my birthday and I wanted to something I've never done before, but which would be very quick and simple to do. I was walking in a store and suddenly realized, as weird as it sounds, I have never made Chinese food. I saw it as a fun experiment, and based on my impressions on what Chinese food is like (I never really ate it in a restaurant even), this is what I ended up with (also with some help from my boyfriend, who is more familiar with the subject). 

Egg rice

Chicken stock
Salt
Rice 
Curry
Eggs (I used 2,5 dl of raw rice, and used 4 small eggs)

First bring water to the boil, the amount depending on the type of rice you're making. When the water is heating up, add chicken stock and salt. When it boils, add the rice and some curry. The seasoning will be absorbed by the rice and so it won't be as "boring" as plain rice with just salt. It will also bring some color to it. 

When the rice is done, move it aside. Heat up a frying pan and break the eggs on it, and scramble the eggs. The way you would do your scrambled eggs for breakfast. Then just mix the scrambled eggs with the rice. It sounded pretty interesting to me at first, but thought I'd give it a go and I wasn't disappointed. It was pretty good, the only problem was that I didn't use enough salt, but with proper seasoning, it tastes really delicious. 

Pork strips

Pork strips
Chinese soy sauce
Salt 
Pepper 
Ginger 

Okay, I kept this really simple, but the taste was gorgeous! So what I did, was just to fry the pork strips on a frying pan, adding the seasoning. I recommend you to use a lid on the pan, because the liquid from the meat makes a really nice a really nice sauce.

With the rice and pork I served Chinese work vegetables. I am ashamed to admit that I used simple frozen wok mix and put it on a pan... But sometimes time just doesn't allow you to do everything you'd want to. I have to say that it decreased the culinary pleasure of the meal.

Here in the end I would like to add a picture of a cake my boyfriend baked for me for my birthday, simply because it both looks and tastes really good, and is just very adorable.






No comments:

Post a Comment